Skip to main content

Check out my most recent blog!

Spirituality | Don’t Over Complicate Spirituality

  Don’t Over Complicate Spirituality With a major shift that has recently taken place in our reality and the universe, many people are initiated to question many areas of their lives. Everybody living on planet earth now more than ever, want more of life but in a process that is much easier and more aligned to their true self. Spirituality is knowing the truth of self and walking and operating from a force so big and powerful, it is beyond what meets the human eye. It is comforting to know that more and more people are waking up, and are willing to take the first few steps towards knowing self. Because when everyone individually realises and takes the initiative to know self, that is when major developments can happen and therefore our collective consciousness can rise in peace, unity and love. Photo owned by Yamini Kuppili It is important to know that Spirituality and Religion are two different units. Yes, there are derivatives of religion when some concepts of spirituality are explai

FOUND short story by Yamini Rao Kuppili


I had entered this rather unusual village after a whole term of torturous school work, for a short vacation. This village looked dry, dull and not at all welcoming. A villager guided us to a nearby hut which was very far from the actual entrance of the village.

This venue was definitely not a place I had imagined this vacation to look like. I had imagined a tropical beach where you could hear the crashing of waves and experience the feeling of the warm water softly lapping up against your feet.

Mum had just finishing unpacking. She pulled out a orange diary and a photo that looked like me. I was always curious to know what was written in the orange diary but never asked. I had always wondered why mum and dad had never shared what was in the diary with me.

My parents were very different to me and from my perspective they didn't even look like me.

As mum kissed me goodnight I had asked her about the orange diary and she gave me a nervous look and walked away. I knew that mum was hiding something really big from me.

The next morning mum and dad were having a very serious conversation. I could see by the worried looks in their face. This was the second time this was happening. I had to join in. As I had approached the brown rusty dinner table mum and dad stared at me as if I was some sort of alien walking towards them.

I had sensibly asked "what's wrong mum?", mum looked down as I asked dad he as well did the same thing. I had asked them about their serious conversation and how they didn't look like me, and especially about that orange diary that mum had once each week.

Mum lifted her chin and looked up and showed me a picture from the orange diary. It was me and 2 other people holding me in a hospital bed. I looked up to mum and insisted her to speak. She replied "we didn't want to tell you before as you were too young but these two people who are holding you are your real parents".

My heart stopped fore a second, but to me it stopped for an hour because there was silence in the room.

I turned my head over to dad and he said " the reason why you have been kept with us is because your parents were involved in a big car crash disaster and in that crash a 8 year old girl was killed and so they had to go to jail". Dad spoke more "that 8 year old girl was our daughter".

"Your parents insisted us to keep you and take care of you. The case got worse and your real parents were sentenced for life. So they told us to adopt you and never tell you the truth about what happened". I was really shocked and felt like this was such just a bad dream but it was not.

Mum held my hand and said "the orange diary comes in every week as your mum writes many questions that she want to ask you then I answer them and that's how we know if you real parents are safe". This was a very big secret that mum and dad had kept away from me.

The next day mum and dad took me to the prison just outside the village to meet my real parents. As I walked I could see different people who were deeply sorry for their crime. As I walked further I saw two very familiar faces and there they were. They had big smiles on their faces and were extremely happy.

Now I had found my real parents and now I know why I came to this village.

I was FOUND


By Yamini Kuppili
PLEASE COMMENTS- let's be friends

Subscribe to my blog website for notifications on when I post a new blog!


Social Medias
Twitter- ykuppili
Insta- ykuppili
Google+- Yamini Rao Kuppili
Facebook- Yamini Rao Kuppili





Have a great day!



Comments

Popular Posts