Skip to main content

Check out my most recent blog!

Spirituality | Don’t Over Complicate Spirituality

  Don’t Over Complicate Spirituality With a major shift that has recently taken place in our reality and the universe, many people are initiated to question many areas of their lives. Everybody living on planet earth now more than ever, want more of life but in a process that is much easier and more aligned to their true self. Spirituality is knowing the truth of self and walking and operating from a force so big and powerful, it is beyond what meets the human eye. It is comforting to know that more and more people are waking up, and are willing to take the first few steps towards knowing self. Because when everyone individually realises and takes the initiative to know self, that is when major developments can happen and therefore our collective consciousness can rise in peace, unity and love. Photo owned by Yamini Kuppili It is important to know that Spirituality and Religion are two different units. Yes, there are derivatives of religion when some concepts of spirituality are explai

11 days ago- Gay Marriages--- Written and Thought by Yamini Rao Kuppili


I live in Sydney, Australia and within 11 days there is going to be a huge reveal on the basis of people's votes on the topic of gay marriage. I just want to start off by saying that there is no intention to influence people to agree to what I going to mention here. Nor am I writing to offence people's religions or people's thoughts. This is purely my side and my opinion, as a citizen of Australia I have the right to share my view on something that might be a part of this country's legislation. When it comes to speaking about whether to say yes meaning I completely stand beside the LGBTQ community or no meaning that I am not standing with the LGBTQ comunity, I say yes.
Now I want to construct my side with some logical components and those include the talk of religion, love, medical processes, sinful acts, the thought of pressuring someone else's sexual preference onto yourself and the media's manipulation. Now all these vital components slide into each other and will be mentioned as a overlap of one subject.

When we start by talking about religion, it is one stable tree trunk with a billion branches. The motion of discussion based on religion just tends to go in a circle often forgetting when the start point was and where the end point is. Growing up, my parents have made me follow Hinduism this meant we had regular weekends reciting chants and verses in front of a visual of "God". Me being the naive and innocent followed this routine, until I came to a descent age where I understood having my own beliefs and questioning these rituals were quite necessary. It was just a couple of years ago, when my family and I visited the place where this "god" we followed originated from. The guide walked us through a huge tree and mentioned that this tree existed since the "god" was alive. Now this was the point where I decided to take the step of questioning this preach that the guide was telling us. Because I was taught that this "god" was present billions of years ago, and a tree's life span is about 3500 years depending on the type of tree. If people reading this had objections on this, we can keep this on the side and think about people's necessities. Meaning if they needed paper they would have cut the tree down , and there are many more questions the more deeper we go into it. The reason I shared this story with all of you, is because there are many preaching in various religions that haven't been supported with evidence or a reasoning. As years passed, going to temples was something very hesitant and forceful for me. Because many other questions came to me regarding this religion I was following. Many verses that head preachers were saying out, didn't know the meaning of what they were reciting. The bottom line is, if gay marriages were a wrong thing in various religions even the one that I following, WHY? If there is no reasoning for what we are reciting then how can there be a reasoning for going against gay marriages?

 Personally for me, putting people and nature before myself is my religion, this consists of spreading love and accepting everyone the way they are is something that I will forever follow. This type of religion is something that I need to practice, recite and master. This comes to my next component which is Love. There was never a written rule when we stepped into this world where it mentions the definition of love and which gender it should be with. Love is a subject that can never be put to words, when you love someone even the meaning of the word falls short. People crave for a word bigger than love to convey their feelings to someone. Therefore there shouldn't be a problem if a man and man, woman and man, woman and woman love each other and get married.

When there is a traditional couple, talking about a man and woman who are extremely religious get married and they struggle with conceiving a child because of various medical reasons. They decide to look for an alternative process in which, they can be closely involved in building their family. The most common way that this is possible, is via a surrogate or IVF. Now, do you really think that this couple will stumble upon their decisions, because their religion mentions that unconventional ways of producing a child is WRONG?? NO!! They will go ahead, because they would want to flourish their family with kids. Its the same thing, for a gay couple who are married they would have the same intentions and choose the path of opting for a surrogate how is this disobeying such rules. Religious rules have to be broken to suit an individual's wanting at some point. If a normal couple can break it why can't a gay couple?

Now coming to gay marriage being a sinful act................. Every religion has its own rules, things that people should do and things that people shouldn't do. With supportive reasons and with all honesty there are many rules we take in and break. The religion that I was taught to follow mentions that sex before marriage is a sin, seeing the bride before the marriage is a sin, eating non- veg is a sin, ladies saying harsh words is a sin, talking rudely to your parents is a sin, girls wearing clothes that shows too much of skin is a sin, drinking wine and alcoholics is a sin , robbery is a sin and killing someone is a sin. In a world that people are hurting others via breaking rules in their religion, how is gay marriage a sin? its not hurting anyone.

With gay marriages there are so many different myths and weird assumptions made by people. When a gay couple is walking down the street its not going to influence your kids and you personally to be gay. This is by far the most stupidest and most illiterate thing that I have ever heard from somebody's mouth. If at all, you kid comes out of the closest and wishes to be them that doesn't mean that that couple has influenced your child's words. It would mean that your kid has gained confidence by seeing that couple to say something to you as being their parents. If a gay couple are married in no way will that influence you or the upcoming generation to also follow their steps.

Another thing that has come to my attention that people are mentioning a lot these days, and that is the media is manipulating people to vote yes. I completely agree to this statement, but we live in a country that provides everyone with a proper education and makes us see a whole circle of any issue. Issues are annotated in two sides, and an option is given to everyone to choose the one most suited to them. Your decision is most likely to be influenced by yourself, so stop blaming and ranting about what the media wants you to do.

This covers all my components that I stated in the beginning, I hope everyone reading this has got something out of my write up. This side of discussion has made a lot of sense to me and this issue is very close to my heart. As being part of the straight community, it is very important that we stand with the LGBTQ community. We are all in this together.

Written and Thought by
Yamini Rao Kuppili
17 years
Do comment and its time to share your side!!
Do write up a feedback on my social medias, it really means a lot to me!!


Follow me
Instagram- ykuppili
Snapchat- ykuppili
Facebook- Yamini Rao Kuppili
Twitter- @ykuppili
Google Plus- Yamini Kuppili or Yamini Rao Kuppili

Comments

Popular Posts